Saturday, August 30, 2014

Overwhelmed

           Lately I have been feeling overwhelmed by the amount of goals I have set for myself. Every December I sit down and create a list of goals that I want to attain for the year ahead. This is a great way to keep yourself on track, especially if you place the list on your fridge in plain view. My original plan was to take a trip to the rocky mountains and compete in two competitions. I did accomplish all three goals, but at the end of my last competition, I thought to myself, "Now what?"
          Post competition blues are common amongst competitors and this can be very dangerous territory. [I will elaborate on the dark side of competing in another post]. I had suffered from the post comp. blues, however never to the point of depression. I felt like I needed to strive for a little more than what I had accomplished so I have set out to compete in three more competitons this fall.
        I know this was a choice that I had made, but I do feel like I bit off more than I can chew at the moment. This past two weeks, I have not been getting good, quality sleeps. I feel myself falling asleep around one or two in the afternoon, and I have not been excited to go to the gym each morning like I usually am. I am going to push through this and get a lot of rest this labor day weekend in hopes that my batteries are recharged enough to take on next week. 
        I like to set the bar very high for myself, but I think 2015 is going to be a year of me, myself, and I, travelling, and learning to go with the flow. This might be my biggest challenge yet! 

           

Currently 5 weeks out from my first fall show

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is a lot on your plate! Just take a deep breath, take each day at a time and if your body needs it - take a rest. :D

    ReplyDelete